Build with love
House is located at the very edge of Plitvice lakes national park, which dazzles everyone with its beauty time and time again in each season. Next to this natural beauty, BeaR’S LOG was built to emphasise the beauty of oak wood in whole its greatness.
Building started with carefull selection of oak logs in the woods of Slavonija. After selection was made, it took a lot of months and manual labor for each log to fit perfectly on top of previous one. When the walls were finished whole house was disassembeld and logs, each carefully marked, were transported to the current location. There the logs were assembeled again to form the house as you see it today. The work continued on interior design, as owners made each unique detail by themselves – stairs, beds, bedside tables etc. The final result of endless work end effort is comfortable and warm atmosphere which can only be possible when living a wooden house.
- House was build from 77 sessile oak (Quercus petraea) logs, each roughly a century old
- Logs are 30 – 45 cm in diameter
- Logs are up to 12 meters in lenght
- Each log weights around 1000 kilograms
- 120 m2 living area
- Spacious living room with dinning area and fully equiped kitchen
- Air conditioning, radio, satelite TV
- Sleeping capacity in living room for 2 persons
- Room Marta – king size bed, satelite tv, air conditionig, bathroom with toilette and shower
- Room Plitvice – king size bed, satelite tv, air conditionig, bathroom with toilette and shower
- Room Korana – king size bed, satelite tv, air conditionig, bathroom with toilette and shower
- Large terrace – 20 m2 with wooden table